Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Life as it Happens - A new kind of session!

One year ago today, I became a full time photographer!  While that had been my intention one day in the future, I hadn't planned on it happening quite exactly when or how it did. But, looking back, I couldn't be more thankful. I always say that life takes you where you need to go and the universe brings you what you need.  What I needed was to have the time to pour all my focus and energy into this deep passion of mine for photography and capturing life around me. Here I am, one year later, following my dream.  I couldn't possibly feel more fortunate!

So, I thought to myself, what a perfect day to announce the launch of a new type of session I will be offering called Life as it Happens.  This is something I've wanted to do for awhile now and I finally feel like the time is right.  It's truly my favorite kind of photography and I do it all the time with my own family, as well as occasionally for a few friends. Now, I'd love to do it for you!


This will be approximately a 3-4 hour session (can be broken up into several segments) and is not a family portrait session.  It's exactly what the title of the session implies...life as it happens.  Think of it as a snapshot in time of what your life looks like right now.  When you look back in 1 year, 5 years, 10 years, you'll have a time capsule of what life looked like back then. It's the small details, the moments as they happen...the games you play with your kids, the special toys they love, the snuggling, the playing, the nap time rituals.  It's the trips to the park or the visits to the ice cream store you take when a special treat is in order.  Perhaps it's playing in the snow.  Maybe it's the art projects that take over your kitchen a few times a week.




This is me, being a fly on the wall, capturing your life as it really is. That means it isn't always coordinated or neat or perfect. (I mean, whose life is, really? Certainly not mine.)  It's the world you've created and a day in your life, captured so you can revisit it as many times as you'd like as life continues on. It's real moments.  No stress about having matching clothes or everyone behaving or looking at the camera at the same time with perfect smiles.  It's the Mommy moments, the sweet looks, the chubby cheeks, the blanket that gets carried around everywhere.  It's being able to be in the photos with your kids, simply being mom or dad and giving them the gift for the future of seeing these moments when they are all grown up. (okay, I'll stop - I can't think about mine being all grown up right now either...)  




While this type of session is more ideally suited for parents with little munchkins, it could also be good for a special outing or special time with any family or friends that you would like to have documented.

You will receive a custom made book with all of the best images we captured from the day, giving  you a snapshot of your Life as it Happens. This can happen in all kinds of weather - even ones filled with lots of snow.  I'd love to connect up and get a session on the books for you!

So, there it is.  One year down, a new session being offered and lots of excitement about the year ahead! I can hardly wait!





7 comments:

  1. a brilliant concept, Bari and who better than you to capture those moments...brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! How wonderful to have your support and faith in this next step on my journey! :)

      Delete
  2. Such cleverness! Sure wish I could have done this when you were a munchkin. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! That would have been fun to have for sure. Instead, we'll just have to look back at all the printed pictures we have in plastic bags. :)

      Delete
  3. Brilliant ... your forté! I much prefer 'in situ' documentary style family 'portraiture' as well ... I think you have a winner here!

    ReplyDelete